Monday 17 March 2014

Next shift dress and lunch in Glasgow.

Yesterday Steven and I made use of a voucher for discounted all day travel on First Bus Glasgow and headed into the city centre for shopping and lunch. I took the opportunity to wear my lovely new shift dress from Next, which I styled with black tights and tan brogues which I picked up from the Generation 915 section in New Look a few months ago. I definitely recommend this dress; the shape is flattering, the length is perfect (I’m 5’ 5’’) and it even has three-quarter length sleeves for people like myself, who don’t like to bare their upper arms if they can help it! I’m wearing the dress in a size 16R but it also comes in petite and tall versions.

Dress: Next - Brogues: New Look Generation 915 - Jacket: Oasis
Scarf: Amazon.co.uk - Bag: Cath Kidston - Owl Pendant: New Look

After a quick look in some of the shops in Argyle Street, we made our way to our favourite burger place in the city, Jacker de Viande. Everything about this restaurant is perfect, from the bold, macabre décor and the polite, well-dressed service staff to the theatrical silver platter that your food arrives on. The burgers are always fantastic, cooked to perfection with an amazing balance of toppings and flavours. We each went for the bacon cheeseburger with a portion of cheese and BBQ pulled pork topped skinny fries.





After lunch we walked up to Sauchiehall Street for more shopping. I spent more time than I should have browsing the delicious-smelling wares in Lush but managed to control my spending, coming away with only a small bottle of their “No Drought” dry shampoo, which has been popping up on various blogs recently. I’m excited to use it – keep your eyes peeled for a follow-up post!



All in all, a good day - a disappointing offering from Starbucks and Steven’s debit card breaking in a chip and pin machine notwithstanding…! A quick call to the Royal Bank of Scotland call centre later, he has a new card on order and a code for emergency cash – phew!


I hope your weekend was a good one!

0 comments: